Do I Have a Drug or Alcohol Problem?
Use this Drug and Alcohol Self Assessment form to help you or your loved one determine if in fact a drug or alcohol problem exists.
1. Has anyone ever suggested that you quit or cut back on your drug/alcohol use?
2. Have you made promises to control your drinking or using and then broken them?
3. Have you ever gotten into financial, legal or marital difficulties due to using or drinking?
4. Have you ever hidden your use?
5. Are you uncomfortable if alcohol or your drug of choice is not available?
6. Have you ever felt guilty or ashamed about your drinking or using or what you did while under the influence?
7. Do you use or drink alone?
8. Do you use or drink more than usual when under pressure, angry or depressed
9. Have you ever lost interest in other activities or noticed a decrease in ambition because of your drinking and using?
10. Do you need to use more drugs or alcohol to get the same effect?
11. Have you had the shakes or tremors after drinking or using?
12. Have you continued to use despite adverse consequences?
13. Is drinking or using jeopardizing your job or relationships?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of the above questions, it does not necessarily mean that you have a chemical dependency problem; however, three or more “yes” answers suggest that it would be beneficial for your drug or alcohol use to be evaluated by a trained professional. Amanda Spriggs with Moments of Clarity can provide these evaluations, as well as therapy services following. Call today to schedule an appointment.